1. The difference between a quartz tube and a glass tube is:
1) The material of the quartz tube is mainly silica, and the hardness and transparency are higher than that of the glass tube; and the quartz tube is resistant to high temperature, wear and oxidation, and has stronger oxidation resistance. The composition of the glass tube is sodium silicate, silicon dioxide and Calcium silicate, mainly sodium silicate, his hardness, transparency, high temperature resistance, wear resistance are much worse.
2) Quartz glass tube is a special industrial technology glass made of silica. It is a very good basic material. Quartz glass has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties. It is used in electric fire barrels, electric baking stoves, electric heaters. Inside, it has a fever effect.
2. What is unique about quartz glass tubes?
1) High temperature resistance
The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730 ° C, which can be used for a long time at 1100 ° C. The short-time use temperature can reach 1450 ° C.
In addition to hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly reacts with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially at high temperatures, it is impossible for any other engineering materials. Comparable.
3) good thermal stability
Quartz glass has a very small thermal expansion coefficient and can withstand severe temperature changes. The quartz glass is heated to about 1100 ° C and will not burst when placed in normal temperature water.
4) good light transmission performance
Quartz glass has good light transmission performance in the entire spectral range from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 95%, especially in the ultraviolet spectral region, the transmittance can reach more than 80%.
5) Good electrical insulation performance
Quartz glass has a resistance value equivalent to 10,000 times that of ordinary glass. It is an excellent electrical insulating material and has good electrical properties even at high temperatures. Quartz glass has been widely used in various fields such as electric light source, semiconductor, optical communication, military, metallurgy, building materials, chemistry, machinery, electric power, and environmental protection because of its excellent physical and chemical properties.
If you are interested in the quartz tubing, quartz rod, quartz labware or need to consult, please click on our online customer service or call us.
Panshi customized different quality specifications of the glass.
Panshi special industrial glass, tailored for your different quality of the glass.
Welcome sending your inquiry: Phone : +8617656208428 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org